I write software for a living and I last considered the algorithmic complexity (Big-O / Theta / Omega) of what I wrote:Displaying poll results.
Every time I write new code
4820 votes / 24%
After years of working, I have a feel for what are heavy operations, so only if the profiler points out my code as a time sink
6391 votes / 32%
What’s algorithmic complexity?
2587 votes / 13%
Cowboy Neal is as much complexity as I can handle
1417 votes / 7%
Other (specify in comments)
466 votes / 2%
I don't write software for a living
4090 votes / 20%
19771 total votes.
- How do you usually unlock your smartphone? Posted on March 29th, 2017 | 22050 votes
- Will humans discover life on another planet in the next 200 years? Posted on February 22nd, 2017 | 18937 votes
- How many different instant messaging/chat services (i.e. WhatsApp, Slack, Hangouts, etc) do you use? Posted on March 14th, 2017 | 16501 votes
- I think my current job will be replaced by a robot/software: Posted on March 14th, 2017 | 369 comments
- How do you usually unlock your smartphone? Posted on March 14th, 2017 | 247 comments
- Will humans discover life on another planet in the next 200 years? Posted on March 14th, 2017 | 224 comments