I write software for a living and I last considered the algorithmic complexity (Big-O / Theta / Omega) of what I wrote:Displaying poll results.
Every time I write new code
4832 votes / 24%
After years of working, I have a feel for what are heavy operations, so only if the profiler points out my code as a time sink
6398 votes / 32%
What’s algorithmic complexity?
2594 votes / 13%
Cowboy Neal is as much complexity as I can handle
1420 votes / 7%
Other (specify in comments)
466 votes / 2%
I don't write software for a living
4100 votes / 20%
19810 total votes.
- Will you be buying the next iPhone (announced on Sept 12)? Posted on September 6th, 2017 | 30733 votes
- What's your favorite laptop brand/type? Posted on November 10th, 2017 | 11383 votes
- Should archive files, such as .zip and .tar.gz packages, store their content inside a single, top level (root) directory? Posted on October 30th, 2017 | 11035 votes
- Will you be buying the next iPhone (announced on Sept 12)? Posted on October 30th, 2017 | 302 comments
- Do you think we will be able to create a city on Mars in next 50 years? Posted on October 30th, 2017 | 291 comments
- What's your favorite laptop brand/type? Posted on October 30th, 2017 | 225 comments