As in they didn't try at all..
As in they didn't try at all..
0. Surprisingly, cards are compromised all the time.
1. Some issuers know that as many as 40% of their cards in force are actually compromised.
2. All issuers employ fraud detection systems intended to identify the first fraudulent transaction. They aren't 100% effective, but getting better.
3. EMV (chip) cards add a significantly better authentication step by verifying the physical card is in fact being used. But this does little or nothing for card-not-present (cnp) transactions, like buying from Amazon or eBay.
4. American Express probably first does the usual fraud detection, spots fraud, disabled the card, and when a new one is issued might very well already have that account under greater scrutiny, at least for a while. Maybe.
5. Some fraud may even be 'ignored' to gather more information.
6. Most importantly, however, a replacement card must be activated, acknowledging receipt by the card holder. The fraudster must also break into that process or wait for the card holder. That's weak point maybe.
7. And purchases can leave a trail.
I'm being this is not such a big deal as it seems, at and easily fixed.
I worked with TWTs in the 70s, airborne systems not space. We could admit to Ku band capabilities, and the real limiting factor we were concerned with was the high voltage required. And vibration.
Fabulous devices. Lots of power output. Ours were tough. Radar systems relied on them mostly exclusively, replacing magnetrons. Very difficult to adjust though, and a finite life.
Now, can we get cold cathode tech into 12AX7s and 6L6s?
You think that was partisan? 7 years we've had virtually no leadership in Washington. That's not limited to any single party.
I don't have anyone to vote for for federal office. No Senator, no Representative, only one Presidential candidate and I'm not hopeful he will get through the primaries and nomination process, the establishment has that well rigged.
And no, my favorite isn't who you think it is, because you're a flaming idiot. You cannot know.
Oh yeah, the Treaty of Sèvres.
Free as in 'Free for someone else'.
"Either Obama MEANT to "dick around", as you put it, or he's COMPLETELY incompetent - as are Hillary! and Kerry, at the very least."
If you define incompetence as 'permitting your ideology to guide your actions instead of responding to the situation as it actually is', then yes, they are all incompetent.
Except for Obama. He is intentional, I believe, based on his own words and history.
If they would go to the trenches this could be mostly harmless. But they won't.
You write 'we' as if 'we' can actually direct events in that region.
We could, but hat would require leadership, and that is lacking in Washington at the moment, for 7 years now, at virtually every level.
So in that region, other players will happily do what they can. Drawing us into the end game would be bad. Letting them have really effective weapons would also be bad. And hoping they would be content with destroying only their region would be bad.
Hopefully the mobile site didn't mung this.
Thank you for your support.
Yes, and the most conflict ridden areas are the ones with resources, or the ones where the super powers have played their game. There has not been a natural nation forming process there since at least well in the 19th century.
Many conflicted areas have nothing but tyrants.
She will never learn how to use the card reader.
You are no longer her customer, or she will learn. Farmers markets around here are rife with internet and Square users.
Reloadable cards have fees, I don't want some bank skimming money from my kids allowance.
I can find you a reloadable without fees.
You ever think about tipping the kid?
If the system doesn't allow what, the system is deficient. PS, my type as a paper carrier barely covered my bad debts.
It will still show up in the database as adult toys
What database? The ones I deal with at my work don't show that data.
What would you do it with?
My mom does it with her debit card.
How does a square account help someone with no access to the internet.
Again, they are not in the market for non cash, and that's a choice today. Cost benefit analysis.
You sir are an idiot.
You, sir, are locked in your argument.
For obvious reasons.
Which would attract the attention of other better organized thieves with three-letter names.
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove it.