This. The "theater experience" is exactly the reason I avoid cinemas. The personal "entertainment center" (whether that's at home or with friends) has unbeatable advantages:
- No driving there, finding a parking spot, then walking a mile from where I finally could park to where the cinema is. Note: My friends have houses where I can park in their driveway.
- No queuing for tickets.
- No overpriced snacks. More importantly, the snacks I want. If I feel like having a full dinner to my movie, I get that.
- No half hour of ads and trailers for movies I don't give a shit about. And no, they also do not happen on the BluRays. Take a wild guess why.
- Sitting where I want and how close to the screen as I want.
- NO KIDS!
- Pausing the movie when I want to for whatever reason I want to. Trust me, as you get older, that becomes more and more of a feature.
- The ability to do something worthwhile in the boring parts of the movie. Just turn on the lights or pull out the laptop when they start yakking during a movie that is allegedly an action flick.
- If it's a real stinker, it's the movie that leaves the room, not me.