I don't believe 9/11 was an inside job. I do believe many Muslims in America cheered on that day, and many of them were living in New York and New Jersey.
I trust that we did land men on the Moon, returned them to Earth, and could do it again.
The Earth is not, in fact, flat.
The Nazi Holocaust, one of several attempted genocides in human history, did happen. I've met both survivors and liberators.
I believe that Trump ran as a Republican, but was rejected by the GOP leadership and most Republican elected representatives, which is obvious upon inspection of the record. He has no friends in either party leadership. And the GOP leadership is dedicated to avoiding defeat, rendering them virtually (in the literal sense of that word) unable to govern.
I believe that my Internet provider has been selling data on how I use their service despite and ind defiance of existing laws. And repealing any regulation or law to prevent it will change little or nothing. Even accountability cannot be legislated in the current environment. Pretending your Internet use is in any way secret is fantasy, and you should act as if everything it known and used to your disadvantage. Want proof?
- Search for 'Shipping Containers'
- Watch the ads you see change to focus on shipping containers. Everywhere. For a long time.
- Search for something you want to buy.
- Then buy it.
- Watch the ads focus on the item you no longer need to purchase.
- When you do look to purchase something, especially a commodity item, watch for pricing to change as much as +/- 150% across different sites. Remember who wanted to overcharge you.
- Learn to ignore online ads, or, if you wish to punish them, take a moment and click through in a new window or tab. Leave it there and go on about your business. Let them build a false profile, and false empty clicks.
We have been inundated by advertising all my life. TV and radio commercials focused on the assumed audience. Print ads less so, so more and more outrageous. Streaming your TV doesn't solve it, it focuses their attention - they no longer have to shotgun the ads at a wide audience based on brute force metrics, they can literally hit you between the eyes because you streamed 'xxx'. As if the apps, services, all that weren't gathering up information about you to sell everywhere, even back to your ISP, so they know how much to overcharge you.
Really, you think you're going to win any of this? NO, we should be looking to profit from the use of our information. Even discounts based on preferential marketing aren't enough. When we can make them pay us for our eyeballs, we have a chance to at least derive some minimal value.
Whatever you think, Trump is either the cure or the symptom. He is not the disease, and he is not part of the problem. He may not be the solution, but he is not what came before. That alone is not a negative. Get over it. The U.S. government is out of control, and it will be a painful process to either rein it in or succumb to it. Which path will we choose?