Fabric is "a modular mobile platform" designed to help app developers improve the "stability, distribution, revenue and identity"
- what would Twitter know about improving revenue exactly? If they do know something about it how come they didn't do that for themselves?
the ability to natively embed tweets in other apps to signing in with your Twitter credentials were made possible by Fabric.
- I guess that's their definition of 'everything'.
You can sign in and you can tweet. The 2 things that Tweeter does.
"We quickly realized that our missions are the same -- helping mobile teams build better apps, understand their users, and grow their businesses," the Fabric team wrote in its announcement.
- right, the actual mission being tracking everything anybody does on their phone and using the phone platform to push advertising to users.
"Fabric and Firebase operate mobile platforms with unique strengths in the market today."
- the F U squared.
And if you're an existing Fabric customer, don't worry, the platform will continue to function.
- ooookaaaay, I guess if you are known for randomly shutting down projects you have to put out statements like that...
You'll just need to agree to the new terms of service, which will be available once the deal is completed.
- right, so if you are a developer who uses that stuff make sure to grow an extra kidney, because they are coming for yours.