Beautifully said. If I'd not already been gasbagging earlier in the thread you'd have my modpoints good sir.
We would all be saved!
Fuck Bush, any idiot can save. No, save your vote for Buddha!
He makes incremental backups.
It's not proving Einstein wrong that's going to happen. It's trying to find an exploit in the laws of physics that needs to discovered.
Course, if you believe in alien visitation then the whole physics exploit thing is a given.
Admittedly, that's a rather large 'If'..
As someone managing a farm of VMware servers where RAID6 SSDs don't have enough IO, that's good to hear.
Am I being unfair or overly unrealistic by calling VMware's IO performance "less than shitful"?
Granted, tuning is always going to be an exercise best left to the reader, however even with that in mind I've found VMware ESXi 4.0 through 5.5 to be out-of-the-box a fairly porcine experience. I'm interested to hear what I suspect may be an echo of someone with a similar opinion!
Thanks, some great links. Win8 has grown on me since I installed ClassicShell but (perhaps tellingly) apart from the new Task Manager and the adjustments to the look and feel, I've found it hard to explain the difference in quantifiable terms when asked. IMHO Win8 is barely a point release from 7, when setting the interface-formerly-known-as-Metro bullshit aside.
8/8.1 feels just a touch more nimble than 7; 7 itself was of course a huge step up from Vista. I hate that OS. No matter how ruthlessly it is pared back the damn thing always handles like an old bus forcing its way through mud.
In your rush to claim victory you've failed to realise a couple of things:
1. to 'make someone eat their words' you'd have to actually prove them wrong in such a way that they cannot possibly refute your argument. Naturally I feel quite safe in this regard as you are a complete pushover and have nothing to hit me with but vitriol; logic having long since washed its hands of you.
2. are you seriously claiming victory over the fact that I got modded "troll"? For a single comment? Is this the point where I bring out a list of all my +5 mods to 'prove you wrong'? It might be if I was as mentally deficient as you APK, however I'm not going to waste my time - my comment hit +5 for a while before working its way down to -1. Plenty of people saw it, plenty of people agreed, mission accomplished. That post burned you so bad you're still applying anusol to your stinging ringmeat. Hmm, yet YOU are the only one stalking my posts following. Wonder why?
3. no amount of post-stalking is going to change the fact that you are the one with the problem here, that for all your shrieking and wailing you're still the least-liked member of the
I remember the last time I heard someone say "not!" like you do all the time - it was in school. That's right - your behaviour is visible to all for what it is.
Oh, and as for my use of language, yup, it's just what you deserve. Actually, what you really deserve is to be skinned - very slowly - over a fire. Fortunately for you that's illegal and I'm in another country, so swearing at you is going to have to do. Hope that's ok!
Actually, I did, it's just that you didn't like the answer so you think asking the question again is clever.
Is it any wonder you are not liked? Stop stalking, arsehole, it's unfair to the rest of the board. You and I have a perfectly available forum for sniping at one another, you don't need to wipe your arsehole all over Slashdot just to get at me.
Well, I have to responses to that:
Unlike you, I don't *need* the "support" of others: I merely use facts
Well, I have to responses to that:
1. You clearly DO need the support of others as evidenced by your screaming tantrums when you feel 'disrespected'. Prove me wrong.
2. No, you do not know how to use facts. If you did, I would be able to debate the matter with you, as evidenced by my repeated attempts to do so. Instead, you cherry-pick and misrepresent data to suit your argument. In case it isn't blindingly obvious, this is called FRAUD and deceit and loses jobs for people in public positions.
Now do you see why I call you a cunt? You are utterly devoid of integrity and you disgust me.
You FAIL again: Now, GO "eat your words" & I'd recommend a dietary change - since eating your words != GOOD NUTRITION (lmao) -> http://slashdot.org/comments.p...
I would have thought it important to get your links right, especially so for a self-important little prick like yourself.
Actually, thanks for giving me those broken links because you put me on to an interesting conversation with mmell. Looks like he's YET ANOTHER Slashdotter who has witnessed your stalking, lies, impersonations, then hypocritical accusations against others of same. Or did you think people wouldn't notice? Did you think you were too clever, perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised if you thought you were the cleverest person on Slashdot, you arrogant little cunt.
See, you may post your list of up-mods to try and prove your validity, but it doesn't hide your continual dust-ups with people because you are an arrogant, obnoxious, attention-seeking child. So yeah, there's nothing you can say that will 'prove' your value, there's no amount of up-modding to help you, because you are generally disliked here (see my previous post). Care to rebut that, or will you just evade and mindlessly rattle on about 244:1 again?
I think we all know what to expect from you, APK. Loser.
Well, first off, Houston will not be first. They do not have enough military right there.
Well, that's a crying shame for Houston then. I understand one either wants to be first (night-night, WWIII is now someone else's problem) or last (oooo-oooh, pretty, wonder when mine's going to arrive?).. on the whole I'd prefer the latter, myself, on the assumption that I don't make it through *all* the loud bits alive.
BUT, they will be in the second wave and yes, the chinese WILL use multiple waves.
You're quite right of course. When we're talking food it seems there's never enough, always a shortage somewhere in the world because of yield, or transport problems or local warlords etc. When we're on the topic of launched nukes though, it seems there's always plenty enough for a generous helping for everyone.
- maybe not the BLU-82
Wow, what a fascinating weapon. Thank you, now I know what a Daisy Cutter is.
APK demonstrates his childish lack of intellect by simply re-posting, thinking that this will somehow prove his point.
If you had something you'd offer it; instead you repeat yourself.
Logical conclusion: APK has failed.