Hell, I'm still waiting for 7.0 on my Nexus 6. My wife's Nexus 5X has already gotten a Nougat update (past the initial 7.0). My Nexus 7 2013 LTE last got the August security update to Marshmallow. I suspect that I'm going to have to start looking into alternative ROMs, especially because the Pixel line, which I was hoping to upgrade to, will cost me about $900 to get the storage and resolution I want at middling specs. I'd rather go 3rd party and use my N6 until it dies (hopefully not the way my N4 did, with a smashed screen).