No, that is not what everyone on slashdot are saying.
What we are saying is:
- Terrorism is extremely rare.
- People who brings a water bottle on board because they want to drink it are extremely common
So, to falsify the common slashdot knowledge, you'd have to show all of the following:
- The plane was downed by a terrorist attack
- The terrorists were not the passengers boarding with false passport (else traditional airport security was supposed to locate them),
- The terrorist were using some sophisticated water based bomb assembled on board, or smuggled stuff in their underwear.
Assuming 1 is true and the rest is false, pre-9/11 airport security was all it was supposed to take to prevent this plane from going down.