My GF got post-partum psychosis 4 years ago.
She spent 2.5 years in the hospital, trying new medications combination (including electroshock therapy and strong, old drugs that are kinda forbidden now) every 2 month.
She's healthy now and we're a happy "normal" family again.
But oh boy, we went through hell, and I'm happy to have forgotten half of those damn symptoms and side effects that we've seen during those years. E.g. :
* Hearing friendly voices that advice her to jump from a bridge
* Forgetting her name or the city we live in
* Parkinson symptoms that'd make Muhammad Ali proud
* Stealing my mobile phone, because hers was allegedly bugged
* Looking like a zombie
* Living in a separate universe with no link whatsoever to ours
* Leaving our daughter (6 months old) alone at the mall
I still cannot believe she's perfectly fine now.