writes: The restrictive nature of academic publishing is sorely in need of a shake up. Bentham Science Publishers are doing just that. They are
From the website blurb
launching more than 300 peer-reviewed open access journals
during this year, under the banner of "Bentham Science OPEN".
The journals will cover all major disciplines of science and are exclusively open access publications.
* All articles are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication. Too good to be true?
* All articles are, for you to read, download, copy, distribute, deposit in digital repositories and use (with attribution) any way you wish. No permission is required for distribution, copying or commercial use of published articles.
* Fast publication. All submitted articles undergo a fast but rigorous peer-review procedure and submission of an article to publication is done rapidly.
* Authors publishing with Bentham Science Open retain the copyright to their work.
* Authors can publish research, reviews and short communication articles.
* Affordable article processing fees. Article processing fees rank amongst the lowest compared to those of other open access journal publishers.
* Open Access to the broadest audience. Publishing in an open access journal allows anyone with an interest in your work to read it — and that translates into increased usage and impact.
* All articles are deposited in at least one major international open digital repository (such as PubMed Central).