Are you attempting to re-write history or just ignoring it? Have any idea how many East Germans starved to death under Russian control? How much food did the US and West Germans drop into East Germany? How many people were killed trying to escape that great and free country? Do you know how many WWII bombed out buildings were still in East Germany at the time of Unification? It was a horrible mess, go read about it if you don't know anyone from there (I have family in Germany)
Communism _is_ the problem, read the frigging book, understand the basic planks to achieve and maintain it.
1. Abolition of private property and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels..
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state, the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production. * Read Marx and you will see this is for indoctrination and propaganda, not for an educated society *
Of course Communism is the problem. Communism would work if humans were perfect altruistic beings. We are not.