Just what we need: a plan that makes the chemtrail loons even more sure they're right.
I'm depressed today, sorry. But as I see things, the most common choices I see others take are:
1. Ignore it - global warming is just somebody's religion
2, Ignore it - global warming is just China's way to get a trade advantage.
3. Ignore it - because our great grandfathers didn't have this problem!
4. Ignore it - because there's that one whack job over there that says hundreds of thousands of other scientists, trained in the field, are absolutely wrong.
5. Ignore it - because there's lots of people that say it's just a libtard wet dream.
6. Ignore it - because it would cost too much for me to change how I live.
7. Ignore it - because I don't want to think about it while I've got cats playing on You Tube.
8. Ignore it - because you're all special snowflakes and you should just shut up, cupcake!
9. Ignore it - because, believe me, it's beautiful. It's the most beautiful thing you ever saw, and MEXICO WILL PAY FOR IT! BELIEVE ME!
199. Realize that there is a consensus of people that have studied this all their lives are sure that there is a cascade point after which nothing will stop catastrophic climate change that will likely reduce the world population between 80 and 95%. They do disagree as to when this point is. Some believe it has already passed.
During world war II, the English used to say, in a droll voice, "You can count on Americans to make the right choice ... after they've tried everything else ." My fear is that is no longer true.
I get that some disagree with "that whole climate change thing". I don't understand why. It's as if you go to five doctors and they all tell you, "I'm sorry, but you have cancer, and it's too late for any certain cure. My opinion is that you should put your affairs in order." and you go "Naw... It's just muscle strain. I'll be fine!" Is it possible all five are wrong? Yes. Is it likely? ... there's the rub.
I'm not going to argue with folks about it. Climate change is indeed a form of religion, and if one insists on adopting shibboleth of those that disbelieve, then there really isn't any point in discussing it with them any further. I'll simply hand them a tube of liniment and wish them well.