Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
"I would say it's the opposite - that if everyone has their mistakes on parade, then it' makes it easier for others can admit that they too aren't perfect"
There is absolutely no evidence that this is hapenning. in fact there is a lot of evidence that people simply stops at the top information they find and retain negative information far easier (bias). Look there is a reason stuff like susperstition exists, post hoc or ad hominem are used successfully : because people bias toward the negative. Spread the negative the bias will stay, but a LOT of people will get fucked. The only way it would work would be if *absolutely everybody* would be hit by this, for decades. Not going to happen.
* subscription based, forget the 15$ or whatever you paid for minecraft, they will ask 1$99 every month.
* separate set and special mods which allows more than color/form only microsoft, and only for money
* everybody else relegated to basic coloring, texture and form mod, no "command" block type mod adding new function.
* not possible anymore to have your independent server. After all you could do some stuff which would tarnish the image of MC2.0 "microsoft". And there is the money from the server subscription, like 20$ a month.
* API even more obsfucated than for MC 1.0, but with DMCA take down if you deobsfucate it and attempt to add your own command mod
* going away from Java
Yeah i am quite a cynic.
This is not about how your own application react to a file. this is how the operating system *does*. There is a convention in the operating system, particularly windows, that a
This is why displaying and showing this is an executable is important. Although nowadays the windows operating system should warn you you are about to run an executable.
The PO is supposed to be aware of this at least on the sprint level, and if necessary communicate with the client. Furthermore one of the tenet is that the team is responsible,m and responsibility is to warn that the spring goal may not be reached and draw consequence on it for next sprint goal (make them less big etc...). Which also means since you are delivering on the atomar level of a sprint, that it is known sprint after sprint how the evolution of the project is by the client. Now if you are speaking of telling on the 11th hour on a SPRINT level, well Yupi-doo. Compared to most project which tell goal will not be met at the 11th hour before delivery of the FULL project ?
And thus bring up thousand more distraction to break your reading. In my experience (having tested both) it is far far better for comprehension and reading "wellness" to simply note on a side paper what you want to search later and leave it there until you are finished reading. Unless there is a word which stops you understanding completely (which should be quite rare for the average book) this works well.