So yeah, it is the perfect example how nuclear irrational panics threaten a whole economy (heavy electricity prices) and make it worst for CO2 emission. I am pretty sure the german politician are fucking hyprocit and realize that nuclear could be made better, but would rather think "vote!" and bent to the folks panic.
Since a dirty bomb is unlikely to cause many deaths by radiation exposure, many do not consider this to be a weapon of mass destruction. Its purpose would presumably be to create psychological, not physical, harm through ignorance , mass panic, and terror.
If a dirty radiological bomb is set off and panick subsequentely kill people, you can point the finger at journalist and media not doing their proper job to inform people about the real risk.
There probably hasn't been a real free market for quite a time.
2) So what if jesus existed ? That would be a human which died. the rest the miracle the resurrection are myth. In fact since we are speaking of historical consensus, all historian will recognize that the consensus is that it was a really normal human and he died. The rest is religious baggage. The best proof that I am not desperate as you pretend I am , is that I assign a higher probability of jesus existence as human (60%). . That alone directly contradict your diatribe.
3) and finally, you are reversing the "reverse the burden of proof" fallacy of most religious people. We agnostic-atheist do not search for proof of non-existence, it would be rather hard for obvious reason. It is up to others to bring up evidence of their claim. And therein is the problem. Even if there is weak evidence for the existence of jesus, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever of anything else.
The ultimate honesty, is to admit in this specigfic case, that we do not know, but most probably a human at the origin of all the myth existed. Anybody telling you there is a "consensus" of historian, really exagerate the case here. There are many historical figure older than jesus for which we have a LOT of physical and written evidence. For jesus ? Nothing practically beyond the bible. Even Josephus is recognized as dubious, most probably a fraud. And nobody else reported the existence of the guy. That said carrier and other "full" mythicist haven't shown anything reliable in the academic arena (and no a book do not count --- peer review do).
Draw you own conclusion. Me after reading a lot of the litterature I am split 60/50. 60% chance he existed, 40% chance it was either a composite (more than 1 persons) or an elaborate myth.
Don't worry -- at least half a dozen of your friends are working hard to make sure you are not forgotten (posting and tagging fotos, marking "I know this person from..." questions, etc.)
Solution : don't have friend
The right wing tends to be against regulation that erodes personal freedoms. This particular rule may or may not be a good idea, but the healthy thing for society is to look at all new regulation with a healthy dose of skepticism and suspicion.
You have got to be joking. The same right-wing that is calling for anti-abortion law across all the state where they have uncontested power? The same right-wing that is taking away the right to vote in the same states?
What he meant to write is : "The right wing tends to be against regulation that erodes personal freedoms for white male middle and high class christian people. This particular rule may or may not be a good idea, but the healthy thing for society is to look at all new regulation with a healthy dose of skepticism and suspicion."
Which in context of your protest and latest tea party/right wing political action make sense.
And a few other article insunuating that actually the book was a group/commityn produce, which explain the disparity of quality, and style with the follow up book.
My opinion is that Orson scott card was always an asshat, and the whole book was *very* itnentionally a disguised nazi apologia.