Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
We just hung out with neighbors, although this year we were actually able to stay up until midnight.
What did one electron say to the other electron during their wedding ceremony?
How am I supposed to get close enough to kiss you if you're always being so negative!
One of the folks at a site I contribute to (Say No to Crack) posted that along with 4 or 5 other similar jokes. I thought it was kind of funny.
I believe (perhaps foolishly) that we must now have the ability to leverage technology to begin bestowing America's benefits on a far larger portion of the population, with lower taxes and less regulatory control, than we ever have in the past. My question to all of you though, is: how do we do this? What actions should the U.S. take to ensure we can maintain/improve our standard of living while reducing the role of government in our lives? Or is this vision simply not possible outside the pages of a Sci-Fi book?
After 2 years of reading on slashdot, I decided to signup and post. My first month about 50% of my posts were modded up. Cool. But over the past couple weeks, it seems like all the mod points have dried up. Either that, or I've gotten much dumber and less insightful.
- 10. Don't bash Linux
- 9. If you're going to bash Linux, bash Redhat.
- 8. If you don't know what you're talking about, admit it (moderators will probably even flag your comment as Funny)
- 6. Learn to spel and count
- 5. Don't make fun of kdawson for continually using the Enlightenment icon on interesting posts. He probably would add you to his blacklist, and who knows what he does with that
- 4. Don't angrily reply to a comment when someone flames you - just get even later when you get mod points
- 3. Don't try to be funny if you're not
- 2. If you are funny, say something insightful every once in a while to throw regular readers off
- 1. Did I mention not to bash Linux?
Check out this somewhat humorous review of what happened when a CNET reviewer lugged this 'laptop' around the terrorism-sensitive London public transportation system. This laptop even has a built-in handle
Based on the study's criteria, how many Americans are addicted to driving, eating, sleeping, personal interaction, or sunlight?