Norton detected 99%. The other 1% is Norton.
OK, I 'tubed that, Happy, the studio version of Grey Cells Green and your cover. While listening to their studio stuff I was thinking it was a nice atmospheric sound; but nothing lept out. I can see why I only vaguely remember hearing of them. That said, you and the band rocked the cover. Arguably it sounds better with you guys playing it "raw", even with the 90s analog video.
I was thinking that if I had gone into a bar or something and heard NED I would have thought, "wow! we really got our money's worth", but if I had bought the album I wouldn't have thought that. OTOH, in some alternative universe my best friend played the CD while we were on our way to beach week and it became cemented as a band of my youth. It's hard to say what will get into your head.
And I'm assuming you are referring to Ned's Atomic Dustbin?
No. That sounds only vaguely familiar. I was referring to the once ubiquitous KILL YOUR TELEVISION bumper sticker. It was printed in all caps, black on white. I don't see them too often now. They were once common. Usually they were seen on low-end "econobox" cars. Often accompanied by a PBS or Apple sticker, back in the days when people who used Apple products really did think different (although not necessarily better). If you knew any grad students or teachers in the mid-90s, there was a good chance they had that sticker on their cars. Whether or not Ned's Atomic Dustbin, which I assume is a band, coined the phrase... I have no idea until I google for it, which I'm off to do after I hit Submit... at some point... other things to do...
I'm sorry I wasted so much of your time and mine. I should have simply responded to your first post with this.
I don't think you understand what "archive" means.
Personally, I think we're just fine if everything is converted to bits and we remember that there is no guarantee that a set of bits might not be damaged or lost.
Just like books - there's no guarantee those won't fall victim to water damage, or fire, etc. You have to take care of it, and guard against the applicable failure modes. With digital data this is just as possible, but the techniques are as different as the failure modes.
Just because it was sitting around in a library is no guarantee anything would have happened with it.
I don't think looking ahead to a future where this will require additional electrical code is "FUD". I'm sorry you don't see it that way. Let's say they did have a deliverable, and failed to consider installation issues until that day. Now *that* would be an "end run around reality". Anybody bringing product to market should definitely be considering how it will fit in the regulatory regime.
And while we're on the subject of products that haven't hit the market yet; that's a much more obvious criticism here. The Slashdot community of "ass holes" or whatever it was you said is skeptical because we've seen A LOT OF PROMISES THAT DIDN'T PAN OUT from companies that said they had some new PV tech. Remember a little company called Solyndra?
Anyway, I'm kinda done for the night. I have a late-night Illuminati disinterment meeting at the local grave yard. It'll be a long night, then I've gotta get up, recover from the blood hangover and get to the office in time to review the kitten-killing report. Damn that report. I hope they put the proper cover-sheet on it this time.
Nerd fight! Nerd fight! Oh wait, I'm a participant. Would a disinterested 3rd party please mock us by shouting "Nerd fight! Nerd fight!"?
Sorry but I think this is just another example of how the Internet is a flawed communication medium. I can't imagine that it would be like this at a cocktail party.
I mean, try to imagine me with a beer in my hand saying, "Won't there be code compliance issues, since you're trying to route power around window frames?" and you immediately throwing down your martini and shouting "Industry Shill" before anybody has a chance to say, "chill out dude, He's just a programmer".
Dude, switch to a different strain or just toke once next time. The medical stuff is not like the ditch weed you smoked in high school.
If I had grey windows, I'd get less heat from open blinds in the Winter. I'd have to burn more gas.
That said, tinted windows on office building are already the norm so it could work in that setting. It all comes down to cost. Also, what kind of innovative code compliance will you need for wiring from every window?
He has Google, FaceBook and Twitter on his list. In those three cases the product is You.
True, but if the charger was overheating, you would expect the performance characteristics to change.
That video isn't a very good example. He keeps moving the camera around, and it seems whenever it moves back out so you can see the whole rag pile, it appears to have been disturbed while it was not visible.
In the electrical outlet's enclosure? That's an odd place to put them...