I have a 40 year old dildo with old-school vibrator tech. Top that sonny.
Impressive! I only bought my Yoda doll in late 1980.
Yes i know that. That's where the 'technically' in my first post comes in. Anniversary Does not take 7 or 8 keys at least from the test I did but the December update still does and you can update that to anniversary no problem, but no one really knows if it's going to come up as a pirate at some point or another. I highly doubt MS will do this but you never know.
It would have been just easier to extend the free offer indefinitely but if MS doesn't want to do that then so be it.
Frankly, if this finally fixes the issue where windows 7 searches windows update for hours taking 100% of a core and 1-2GB of RAM in the process then I'm all for it.
One of the reasons I was recommending people to upgrade to windows 10 was for this issue alone. Hell, Half of my "my computer is slow" calls this week were for this issue alone, which now I can't recommend to upgrade to 10 cause it's no longer (technically) free.
Another method (although honestly it doesn't always work, but its worth a shot with more non techy users afraid of installing windows) is leave the System on for an entire day or two.
Tried this with about 10 machines now and it worked on 8 of them as long as you didn't do any of the "Fixes" that are out there. Apparently Windows will fix itself with one of the maintenance routines it does when it is idle. Of course with Anniversary out there now it would be fixed as soon as it upgrades itself. I've also had luck with the tweaking.com all in one utility repairing this issue, but that's a last resort before reinstalling windows.
As for my personal experience with win10. so far so good. It runs better especially on lower ram systems, and there is definitely improvements in app performance and startup. Got it on all my machines and the only problem I had was an issue with VIA audio, which was fixed with anniversary. As for other issues I'll quote my older post on this.
1) Update your BIOS! Especially if its a Laptop: There are issues with the screen going black after updating to 10 that are caused by an outdated BIOS, especially on older Dell Vostro and some ASUS systems. If you forget chances are you can get a screen by plugging in a monitor but update the BIOS to avoid it in the first place.
2) if you have IDT audio installed on your PC, remove the driver NOW from programs and features!: Older Versions of this driver is FUBARed and will cause explorer to crash infinitely while it is migrating your profile, which will screw it up to the point where you will have to rollback to 7. Cheap Dells, HP's and Toshiba's usually have this sound card. 10 Will detect it as a HD audio codec and will work fine without the crashing, or use the latest 8.1 driver if your manufacturer actually has one. Not sure why MS doesn't detect this as incompatible during its check.
3) Windows update on windows 7 will screw you out of time: Windows update is so FUBARed on 7. it alone is a reason to upgrade to 10. I've found the best way to update from 7 is to install windows 10 setup to a flash drive, keep the upgrading system off the network until you see the installing windows circle, and open a administrative command prompt and "net stop wuauserv" about every 5 minutes during install. This will cut load times down significantly because the install process will start a windows update session every 5 minutes and with win7 taking about 2 hours a checkin the above will get 10 installed in minutes rather than hours
4) Profiles may not migrate on first run and run temporary profile: Seems to happen to a lot of 2010-2011 HP units for some reason. Boot with safe mode and the profile should fix itself although the start menu will be clean of Squares.
5) Wifi card goes AWOL after Shutdown/Sleep: See this one constantly with 2013-2015 Dell laptops with a dell customized broadcom driver. Some people say removing the Dell driver altogether and using the 10 driver works but YMMV also the latest Dell driver does not fix this issue. I typically disable fast startup and Wifi Power saving options to get around this one but it will still happen from time to time.
The only reason the last few VP picks existed was for impeachment shields.
No one would dare impeach Bush or Obama because the VP would be worse.
It wouldn't surprise me if she gets an impeachment charge before her first year of office ends with Kaine as the VP. If she Chose Pelosi or Warren the Republicans would at least think about it before going forward. Even Bernie would have been a better shield and at least his followers would vote Clinton in the hopes that Bernie gets in through the back door instead of sitting back at home or voting Trump out of spite.
This makes me wonder why MS didn't look into AMD for some offerings if the atom is on the way out. Not sure if AMD has an offering in that TDP range, but at least they could keep the cost low.
There is never time to do it right, but always time to do it over.