You're saying that because the neighbour plugging in a modem caused an amplifier in your basement to catch fire?
That's like the neighbour plugging in a toaster and causing my bedside radio to catch on fire??
I know the dark force is awakening, but this is going a bit far
The qwerty typing that we are still using is perhaps outdated?
I heard that qwerty was deliberately made hard to use because if you typed too fast it would cause the mechanical typewriters of years ago to jam
If the qwerty system is replaced, would this reduce typos?
This is not about trying to make something exiotic that has to last forever in hostile space environments without ability for hands-on repair.
This is ground based telecommunications equipment!
I don't understand what can make this go so far over budget and over-time. Ground based telecommunications equipment, including satellite base stations are commodity items that are off-the-shelf.
Ham radio operators have been building satellite ground stations as well as terrestrial communications equipment for years on-the-cheep.
Luv & Peace
I am April in Paris . . .
I am just an ordinary man with a strange name
Please be very careful if you discover something like this. Too many of us have been treated incorrectly by the company or the prosecuters.
Here is what I would probably do:
1. Remove all of my own assets from the company/institution.
2. Verbally (phone or preferably in person) tell my family what I have done and suggest they do the same. As I can trust my family, I can say to them that I have been made aware of a possible security situation with the company.
3. Verbally (in person if possible, phone as a last resore, not email) tell any friends THAT I TRUST about what I am doing and why and suggest to them they consider removing their assets. Do not go into any details of how I found out.
4. Once out, stay out. Listen. Don't say anything to anyone else. If I feel that I must do something, I would stop; find an attorney whom I can trust (friend of a friend or family; not just out of the yellow pages). Pay them for an hour or so (which puts into place attorney client privilege) and tell them what is up. Fot God's sake, think twice, no three times before going this far.
5. Shut up and go about your business.
I will need to haul them FCC commisioners over my knees and spank them in front of my hacked servers that are now spewing illegal spam advertising illegal knockoffs of my trademarked lighted clear plastic raincoats
Luv you all
I thought that we had reached consensus during the discussion about weakening US cinema ticket sales that we are sick and tired of the content that 'The Industry' is giving us each year.
And now we are griping about not being able to see that content?
I have solved that problem years ago. I spend my spare time doing art work and making things; ie; I make my own entertainment.
Whomever suggests that we 'get a life' just may be right. Isn't that what we got a consensus on durin yesterdays' discussion on movie attendance?
How many weeks are there in a light year?