Here's my take on the "10" items:
1. The big screen.
- IMAX, yes. There are some movies that I will go to see in IMAX (Star Wars!), or at least iSense in ODEON.
- Other movies I'm happy to see on a 'normal' cinema screen, although I find that in my local cinema these tend to be badly calibrated and slightly out of focus
2. People everywhere.
- this isn't always a good thing. Sometimes it's fine, but there are those people who will sit whispering to each other or chomping on popcorn... people can spoil the experience you want to enjoy, and this is generally a reason that I don't go to the cinema.
- agreed, and this is the main reason I _do_ go to the cinema. If I'm watching a film at home, I'll inevitably take out my phone at some point. If I'm in the cinema, I never do. Some people do, but they are very few.
- Em, what now?
5. A massive speaker system.
- good and bad. I've a good speaker setup (5.1) at home, but the cinema setup is (and always will be) better, unless I have a few spare thousand euro to spend. And I've better things to spend that money on. But sometimes the cinema speakers can be turned up a bit too much. (that said, it might be to drown out the people whispering to each other).
- meh. Yeah, it's an opportunity to see what's coming up. But cinemas tend to play too many of them, and too many ads. I've paid to watch the film at 8pm, so why is it now 8:20 and it hasn't started yet?
- the only advantage to ads and previews is that most people have finished their popcorn by the time the movie starts.
- isn't this just point 3 again?
8. Alone time.
- em, what? alone time means being alone, so how does going to the cinema with friends or family mean alone time?
9. 32 ounces of cola in the dark.
- Paying a fortune for getting diabetes for watching a film in a cinema...? And then needing to run to the bathroom during the best bits. No
- I don't buy drinks or food in a cinema - far too expensive, and generally not particularly nice either. I'll eat before hand, or afterward, and I wish more people would.
10. Bragging rights.
- Bragging about what?
So 2 good points, 3 ok points, and 5 that aren't actually arguments for going to the cinema at all, IMHO.