I actually think it goes beyond that.
Sure, 2FA or never sending something in an email you don't want the other guys lawyer holding up in court... or getting hacked and put on on Wikileaks is certainly one way... though some would say this strays into victim blaming ala a common response to #TheFappening (ie "if they didn't want their nude photos on the internet, they shouldn't have taken them or saved them to such insecure locations!")
But consider the latest James O'Keefe videos, which appear to show rather well placed democrat operatives talking about their knowledge of wide-scale voter fraud, as well as seeming to admit to helping to orchestrate violence at the rival's rally's.
Ignoring for the moment the emails... why is it that right-leaning groups are able to get left-leaning operatives on tape, admitting pretty bad things?
Why is it that left-leaning groups do not seem as able to get right-leaning operatives on tape, admitting pretty bad things?
Oh sure, you might have the occasional untoward comment (take the Trump tape), but oh so rarely to the same extent, and then mostly of a 'macaca' like moment.
If we assume that folks on both sides are up to just the same sort of things, to what should we attribute the reason?
1. Left leaners more willing to brag about their shenanigans?
2. Right leaners less willing to brag about their shenanigans?
3. Left leaners less good at tricking right leaners into spilling their secrets?
4. Right leaners more good at tricking left leaners into spilling their secrets?
5. Left leaners less good at editing of video to make the speaker look bad?
6. Right leaners more good at editing of video to make the speaker look bad?
Why is it we usually only see these things going in one direction?