Reason for friending:
Primarily, your suggestion in your journal entry to notify a person as to why their relationship has changed. I agree with that sentiment, and will do so from now on.
Additionally, your comments. Like the one regarding the
If you're already a friend, chances are I can't remeber exactly why I friended you. Some possibilities:
1) Clever, funny, insightful, and/or angry sig/comment/journal entry
2) Reciprocation of relationship change
3) Experimental relationship change in the early times when I was trying to figure out what the hell this site does.
4) Accidental (I don't think there's anyone currently friended that was an accident)
5) Convtroversial references in current friends' journals
6) The voices said it'd be a good idea, and they're usually right about these things.
7) Fervent and apparently sincere beliefs of any kind
8) Correcting spelling or grammar without resorting to personal attacks
9) Forcing me to look up a word that I've yet to encounter or have forgotten
10) Replying to any comments or journal entries I've made
11) You figured out how to get a user name identical to the user ID
12) You were engaged in a heated arguement with someone on my friend list. Both of you had designated each other as foes. You only made "No Foes" journal entries. And I wanted to read both sides of the discussion.
I, in no way, intended this to become a meme. I was merely fulfilling the request of "reason why".