I have to fly to Hawaii on business (yea, I know it sucks)....5.5 hours of ocean gets boring fast.
Of course, figuring that the head of CBS News is the brother to one of the Obama admins National Security Advisors also plays into things.
It's a prison where horrible things had to happen to prevent ever more horrible things from happening.
Had we signed on and actually meet the goals in Kyoto, individual CO2 emissions would have to be at the level they were in 1850.
A few points of order though.
- Clinton signed Kyoto but never sent it to the senate. The reason being is it never had support from either party and would have died by about 90 votes.
- Second, W could have withdrawn from Kyoto with a stroke of a pen as the President can cancel treaties.
- And finally, treaties inherently do not have the force of law behind them. They do not supersede Federal, State or even individual rights (see the recent Bond v US ruling). Now the Obama admin doesn't agree with this as they argued that a treaty trumps everything....but as we know with Obama/Holder, just because he says its doesn't mean its true.
Wasn't that called MySpace???
This is like Republicans being anti-ethanol in general unless they are from Iowa....
I'm not only saying this...a survey of top economists are saying this.
– “Theoretically and empirically the case that r-g is a major determinant of inequality or even top inequality is weak.”
– “Many other factors affect inequality including technological change, globalization, increasing returns to education, and others.”
– “Don’t find r-g a particularly useful summary of anything (doesn’t really capture role of technology, training, tax policy)”
– “A glance at the biographies of the truly rich shows most came from upper middle class families. Good luck and some skill produced the wealth.”
– “Argument has poor theory & negligible empirics.”
– “Is this an inside joke? BEA estimates show little change in rate of return.”
What happens when it spreads to central america? The have poverty and customs there that would aid in the spread of ebola also. And with the current administrations immigration policies, there will be a deluge of immigrants coming here from central america to get away from it and they will bring it with them.
College Costs - this has more to do with the easy federal loan money that hook young people into debt for decades. As money gets easier to come by for colleges, they raise costs.
CA Single Payer - you mean the plan that would cost more then the states current annual budget to implement?
CA Budget - this has more to do with the coastal are of the state able to shit gold in even a crappy economy. Although, I will give him some credit here (he'd get even more if he would drop support for the useless highspeed rail, as the only on getting rich off that is our esteemed senator Feinstein)
Sorry...but that would probably require a corporate inversion and the our draconian IRS cannot allow that.
Off topic...but yea. The late 90's Lexus' can be had for under 5k and are great buys for cheap cars.
Fuck you...try eating them cooked in bacon grease.
Governments who want to overregulate or TW/Comcast?
I've meet several vegetarians who have no problem eating meet that was the result of hunting.
The vegans though are the ones who are saying man shouldn't eat meat at all.