some definition of popular I'm not familiar with.
Flash works for the purpose it's built for, for the audience it's designed for, and it works well. That's what my post said and your reply has no relevance to it.
Why would you want to kill Flash? Flash is great:
* Large install base with very fast uptake on new versions.
* Great IDE, large ecosystem of code, developers and tools.
* Easy streaming of HD video to the browser.
* Great communication server, video chat is an example level project.
* Small file size for the plugin, support for Window, OS X and Linux.
Other then being open, what would your hodgepodge collection of technologies and tools offer over Flash?
I'm still waiting for the advent of the computer science groupie.