This is the beginning of Myspace style e-business? Is this promoting too much creativity in making a buck vs a grounding in common sense business traits? Are we heading for an ADD, network based business environment driven by those soon-to-be MBA grads? Where there's no substance behind that PPT (or PPTX)? I hope not, cause
- I can never understand a powerpoint slide for the life of me nowadays. We [lots of technical folks] spend way too much time on PPTs to sell an idea vs. doing any real work. What would Tufte be thinking now (hair on fire?)
- Creatviity requires more thought and making money shouldn't be hard.
- Isn't the point of presentations to communicate clearly a simple point. A document and context diagrams are the creative, detail, offline part(s). 4 slides is a lot. Really.
- Wouldn't Youtube be better for the GSB's cool factor?
- And.... Keynote is simply better
This is too typical of the current business style, too much creativity, no real discussion or analysis, a result of outsourcing? Too typical...
On the bright side, I would say Scott Adams is set for life from this.