Can you name one Republican politician that has enjoyed positive press in the mainstream media since Eisenhower? Or one Democrat president that had an hostile press corps?
Here's an example. Which President spent more on the military in the last 20 years? Bush? Wrong. At the end of this term, Obama will have spent $800 billions more than Bush on the military. So why are the New York Times and others not getting their panties in a bunch over military spending lately, while they did during Bush administration?
- spent more on the military
- increased the domestic intelligence programs (while the newspaper still blame Bush for the Patriot Act)
- has released 3x less prisonners from guantanamo than Bush
- helped large corporations triple their annual profit compared to the Bush era
- manages to spend more *every year* than the total amount spent by Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Nixon, Johnson, Ford and Carter combined (in their entire terms), and that's accounting for inflation.
The obscenity that is the Obama administration can probably only be topped by Clinton. But mysteriously we never hear about those things, all we hear about is women that suddenly remember being groped by Trump 15 years ago.
You know what's really funny? That people remember that survey showing that 2/3 of people who watch Fox News think that WMDs were found in Iraq; but what nobody seems to realize is that 99% of the people who read the New York Times don't understand that Obama is bankrupting the country and that Clinton is a sociopath.