writes: I live in a London suburb that has many activities and classes, yoga, IT [of course], running, art, assorted volunteering and many others. With the help of the local council, we'd now like to make a centralised, searchable database of these, with a number of helpful features:
- Easy to make submissions, otherwise the whole thing will always be out of date
- Web accessible [obviously] but mobile phone friendly as well
- Maybe, publish and subscribe, so people can 'subscribe' to yoga listings for example
- Handles repeating events, like a classical web calendar
- Maybe, can be consolidate with nearby events calendars
I'm aware of http://mrbs.sourceforge.net/ and webcalendar: http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.... for example. But I'm wondering whether there are other suggestions, especially as this is a useful social application. And, yes, I'd like it done with open source, then we can tailor it.