So, you're God every time you run a simulation?
Yes. To the entities inside the simulation you are, to all intents and purposes, their God.
- * You created their universe
- * You created them, or you initiated the processes that resulted in them being created
- * You know everything about their universe
- * You know how and why their universe was created
- * You know how and when their universe will end
- * If you choose to, you can change the course of the simulation to benefit them in some specific way
- * If you choose to, you can change the course of the simulation to terminate their participation
That pretty much fits the job title of "Omnipotent entity that caused and controls everything", aka God.
Omnipotent except for the bugs.