But the chance of losing your data is triple.
I was about to say, "That's not how probability works!" but it turns out that you are actually correct.
If each site has a 1% chance of being seized, then it means each site has a 99% chance of not being seized. Multiplying these probabilities together gives
The key here is that 1 – (1 – x)^3 is very close to 3x for small x.