Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? Point it at m.slashdot.org and keep reading!

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
Get HideMyAss! VPN, PC Mag's Top 10 VPNs of 2016 for 55% off for a Limited Time ×

Comment Re:FBI director announced she IS guilty, won't pro (Score 1) 801

Wow, I should know better to get involved in a Clinton thread but that is one extremenly selective quote. I'm sure it's just 'extreme carelessness' to strip the two mentions of intent:

(a) Whoever, for the purpose of obtaining information respecting the national defense with intent or reason to believe that the information is to be used to the injury of the United States,...

(b) Whoever, for the purpose aforesaid, and with like intent or...

Comment Re:Do we learn nothing? (Score 1) 213

The "problem" with that isn't their race, and if you're accusing a computer program of being racist then you really need to spend some meaningful time away from the TV and internet.

Maybe it is the problem, maybe it isn't. Since they refuse to show us the source code itself, any opinions you have about it are just projection.

Comment Re:CS (Score 1) 102

80% of people who apply for programming courses at Universities fail in the first two semesters. Of the remaining 20%, over half of them can't create a proper mental model of what is going on and only get by with luck and determinism. Only 10% of people who even apply are useful...

Imagine how much better those numbers could be if people were exposed to these concepts at a younger age...

Submission + - Artist Prince Dies at 57 (nydailynews.com)

astrodoom writes: The much-beloved musical genius passed away today, surprising many. No immediate details were available as to the cause of death. The artist had been hospitalized last week with what was reported as the flu, but had appeared at a party on Saturday, quieting the speculation on his health.

Comment Re:Generous with OTHER PEOPLE'S money (Score 1) 406

âoeI cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.â

He must not have looked very hard:
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Submission + - This Was The Warmest US Winter On Record

hondo77 writes: "On Tuesday, NOAA released its official assessment of December, January, and February’s temperatures across the United States, and the results are striking: Not a single state in the U.S. had a cooler than average winter. (NOAA treats Alaska and Hawaii separately, due to shorter weather data records there—though both states were significantly warmer than normal this winter. Weather records for the contiguous United States go back to 1895.)" Cue the deniers!

Comment Re:How do you put a corporation in jail? (Score 1) 190

Their strict gun control guarantees that nobody ever gets shot there, and now this law will guarantee that they will be safe from terrorists and drug traffickers too!

Yep, we should just get rid of murder laws too since murder still happens.

Not that facts will convince anyone but France's per-capita firearm related fatality rate is 2.8 compared to the US's at 10.6.

Slashdot Top Deals

"Ignorance is the soil in which belief in miracles grows." -- Robert G. Ingersoll

Working...