The fix is very easy.
When you next need to replace your phone, ask yourself the following questions
1. What do I need to actually do with it.
2. Is it a device or a sign?
3. Do I have a few hundred spare $$$ lying around?
If your answers are something like
1. Look cool
2. A sign that I am an amazing person
Then you definitely want an iPhone. The lack of a socket will increase the effect for questions 1 and 2. If, however, your answers more resembles
1. Make phone calls, listen to music, use a tiny pocket computer to do stuff
3. OMG no
then an iPhone is not your best option. What you do get depends on just how enthusiastically you said no to question 4./p.