Follow Slashdot stories on Twitter

 



Forgot your password?
typodupeerror
DEAL: For $25 - Add A Second Phone Number To Your Smartphone for life! Use promo code SLASHDOT25. Also, Slashdot's Facebook page has a chat bot now. Message it for stories and more. Check out the new SourceForge HTML5 Internet speed test! ×

Comment Re:Main reason not to go (Score 1) 370

Big time Alamo Drafthouse guy here, and most of the foods don't really require fork/knife action so that kind of noise is atypical. Pizzas, burgers, wings, wraps, fish 'n chips -- a lot of food you eat with your hands, and some stuff you eat with a fork like salads, cheese fries, etc. And I have that whole misophonia thing going, so I definitely notice when it does happen. To your point though, I prefer that over a talker, though they're both distracting to me personally at least if someone is talking at an Alamo there's a decent chance that they'll get a warning or ejected, it's not a sure bet as the staff drops the ball from time to time, but it's a helluva lot better than a typical chain.

Comment All your face are belong to Gyrus (Score 1) 47

I left my office one day and a guy walks up to me and says, "Hey, want a ride to your car?" and I stare blankly at this weirdo with a beard for what felt like minutes (probably around 10 seconds) filling in the time with my excellent improv skills, "Um, uhhh", scrunching my face up, he seemed excited or amused, "I'm parked across the street," he says, finally I realize it's my boss that I've worked with on a daily basis the past 2 or 3 years, and all day that very same day. That was before I realized "facial blindness" was a thing, and I think being aware of it has helped me improve quite a bit. Usually if I go with my instincts I'm right about 70% of the time, but the other 30% is not fun. In my defense it would really help if everyone stopped looking a lot like everyone else.
Nintendo

Brain Training Games Don't Train Your Brain 151

Stoobalou writes with this excerpt from Thinq.co.uk: "A new study has shown that brain training games do little to exercise the grey matter. Millions of people who have been prodding away at their Nintendo DS portable consoles, smug in the knowledge that they are giving their brains a proper work-out, might have to rethink how they are going to stop the contents of their skulls turning into mush."

Slashdot Top Deals

"You stay here, Audrey -- this is between me and the vegetable!" -- Seymour, from _Little Shop Of Horrors_

Working...