> Meanwhile I've owned 3 Mac (1 iMac, 2 Macbooks), 1 pad
> and 2 iPod, and they all turned to shit within 2-3 years.
Ooh yay, I love this game! I currently have and use...
- an original G4 Mac mini (as a server), 11+ years old, always on
- a MacBook Pro from 2007 (for video capturing; battery swelled up but it's otherwise fine.)
- an iPod from 2004 that I don't use but it still holds a charge and will play for 2-3 hours
- an iPod from 2006, I think, that I still use; holds a charge just fine and plays for many hours
- my work MacBook, issued to me Sept. 2012 and still working fine
- my wife's 13" MacBook, used to be my mom's, about 6-7 years old now
- an iPad mini, 3 years old now
In summary, Apple gear for the most part is only "disposable shit" if you treat it like shit.