Section 319, Public incitement of hatred:
(2) Every one who, by communicating statements, other than in private conversation, wilfully promotes hatred against any identifiable group is guilty of
(a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or
(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction.
I actually logged in to post that, that's how completely stupid your post was. It was stupid enough for me to break a year of no slashdot commenting to prove to others you're just plain friggin' wrong. Your advice can lead people to spend time in jail, it is that wrong.
In Canada it is illegal to:
- Say "I hate all $GROUP" in public, for example, on a webforum that doesn't require a login to access, or a webforum that will give anyone a login. (s319)
- Say "I want to kill $GROUP" (s318)
In Canada it is NOT illegal to:
- Have a group of Nazis meet privately at their whites-only compound to discuss how the holocaust did not happen
- Have a pair of Nazis work out a scheme to convince new recruits how they are "correct"
So, of course, these laws work really well to prevent hate groups from expanding and hating. Really, really, really well! And they never, ever punish the people who want to publicize their views
so that people can comment on them and perhaps even educate them and others on how stupid said people are! Never, ever, ever! Why would any of us ever want to know what racists are thinking? There's absolutely no benefit in being able to recognize a racist on a dime! We wouldn't ever need to know words like "A reserved hotel" are, in fact, pointing to a set of racist owners. Better to keep that crap where it belongs! DEEP DEEP DEEP underground. That way people who don't hate can keep patronizing his business and ensure he's not shunned and broke!