The first test:
the Observeryou chose BZ - your Enneagram type is FIVE.
"I need to understand the world"
Observers have a need for knowledge and are introverted, curious, analytical, and insightful.
How to Get Along with Me
- Be independent, not clingy. True
- Speak in a straightforward and brief manner. True
- I need time alone to process my feelings and thoughts. Not really
- Remember that If I seem aloof, distant, or arrogant, it may be that I am feeling uncomfortable. Sounds about right
- Make me feel welcome, but not too intensely, or I might doubt your sincerity. Who doesn't?
- If I become irritated when I have to repeat things, it may be because it was such an effort to get my thoughts out in the first place. Not really
- don't come on like a bulldozer. Who likes this
- Help me to avoid my pet peeves: big parties, other people's loud music, overdone emotions, and intrusions on my privacy. True
What I Like About Being a Five
- standing back and viewing life objectively Eh, alright
- coming to a thorough understanding; perceiving causes and effects Just as much as any other engineer/scientist
- my sense of integrity: doing what I think is right and not being influenced by social pressure Not really
- not being caught up in material possessions and status Wrong
- being calm in a crisis Absolutely
What's Hard About Being a Five
- being slow to put my knowledge and insights out in the world Nah
- feeling bad when I act defensive or like a know-it-all Who feels good that isn't a megalomaniac?
- being pressured to be with people when I don't want to be I don't get pressured into things
- watching others with better social skills, but less intelligence or technical skill, do better professionally Who likes this?
Fives as Children Often
- spend a lot of time alone reading, making collections, and so on Wrong wrong wrong
- have a few special friends rather than many Wrong
- are very bright and curious and do well in school True
- have independent minds and often question their parents and teachers Wrong
- watch events from a detached point of view, gathering information Sure
- assume a poker face in order not to look afraid Yeah
- are sensitive; avoid interpersonal conflict Eh
- feel intruded upon and controlled and/or ignored and neglected Nope
Fives as Parents
- are often kind, perceptive, and devoted Just a parent
- are sometimes authoritarian and demanding yeah, much to the ire of my wife
- may expect more intellectual achievement than is developmentally appropriate Again, right on, pisses off wife
- may be intolerant of their children expressing strong emotions Same as last two