The only bias I see is that for some reason, Facebook seems to think I'm in any way interested in celebrity gossip, because that's about all that ever shows up in the "Trending" section for me.
I'm interested in science and technology, but every "trending" topic I seem to see is something about what Britney Spears ate for breakfast, or whose dress Catelyn Jenner wore to the mall, or some other equally banal and useless piece of "news" about some celebrity that I don't give a crap about.
I'm not even exaggerating. My current "trending" topics include:
- - What's coming up on Netflix next month (US Netflix, that is. I'm Canadian and watch Canadian Netflix, and we don't get the same new movies the US does, so it's even more useless)
- - "Go topless day"
- - Some sort of conspiracy theory about Herman Cain and Epi Pens
- - Some nonsense about whether or not some pastor endorsed Donald Trump or not
- - Something about some guy I've never heard of who got roasted by Twitter due to his hairstyle
- - Five reasons to see some movie I've never heard of
- - The 77th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz
- - Something about Britney Spears doing karaoke
As you can see, my "trending" doesn't have a Liberal or Conservative slant -- it just has a inanely stupid slant.
"Trending" is the least useful part of Facebook, and personally I wish they'd just get rid of it altogether.