I ordered within the first 24 hours and got my DK2 a couple weeks ago.
I also have a DK1
My initial impressions
- Screen certainly much improved. I like how vibrant the OLED makes things.
- Screen door effect much reduced, but certainly not eliminated.
- The low persistence display seems to help considerably with the previous blurring on head movement problem.
- Much easier to position on your head such that everything is crisp and clear.
- Having head position tracked in addition to orientation feels much more natural.
- Having your head position suddenly not tracked because you went out of the FOV of the tracking camera is very jarring.
- The FOV of the display seems slightly reduced from the DK1, reducing peripheral vision.
- No more breakout box & power supply being optional does not mean the setup is any less complicated. Now there's a camera to worry about along with a new sync cable connecting the camera and the headset.
- Chromatic effects, especially near the peripheries.
Overall, a very solid improvement over the DK1.
I actually talk about it (and the google cardboard I have) a bit on a podcast I contribute to.
Aliens Land here