The irony is that sometimes they **can** find a person with a huge laundry list of skills, but quite often won't hire them because they're too old and cost too much.
Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
If you think about it, if we can eventually place the brain in a container that can withstand the vacuum of space and harsh climates on other planets, we could solve some of the logistics of traveling to Mars and beyond.
So as crazy as this sounds, it could be a first step toward practical space travel.
Seriously, by leaving these videos and being what seems to be an excellent parent, you seem as if you need little more to add to what you already have.
As a girl geek myself, tell her not to take herself so seriously. Be sure to have fun and to keep family first and foremost. Remember that in 25 years time, no one will care if you made that important presentation to an executive or worked extra weekends to get that promotion. Work is fleeting. Family is forever. I have never once regretted going on a scouting camping trip with my son or asking my boss to leave a little early to catch my daughter's tennis match. Seek out people who understand this. Don't waste time with people who don't.
YouTube has this. Samsung had this on their phones too.
Nothing new here.
- Pushbullet for all the reasons given by others here.
- uBlock - ad blocking that is not opted out of by the highest bidder
- Airdroid - okay, technically not an extension/app but still a good app for extending your phone's reach to your desktop.
- Sunrise - nicely done Chrome app that looks and plays just like the mobile version.
- Chrome Remote Desktop - Very handy for making my iMac usable from anywhere and also for doing remote help for mom and dad when they call with computer problems.