Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
I second that. Notion Ink is shipping its Adam [android tablet] right now (in pre order). It is a more mature offering of all talked Android tablets at CES. What I mean is that they started working on it long before the iPad was talked about. Unlike Motorola's Xoom or Samsung's Galaxy Tab they did not wait for Android Honeycomb. In fact, they created a set of stock applications made for tablets and built Eden: their home made GUI (truly innovative).
Here are some pros about Adam:
- Power full computing capability. Tegra 2 processor (AMR A9 dual core processor + GeForce GPU + other)
- Revolutionary display. It comes in two variants: normal LCD or PixelQi's transreflective technology with the ability to read in direct sun light and reduce battery life.
- Swivel camera (3.2 MP auto-focus) which means front and rear facing camera!
- Lots of standard ports: HDMI out and USB. Yes, you can output to your big HD screen and pulb a mouse and keyboard out of the box.
- Storage extention: It supports microSD cards and USB external storage.
- Wireless connectivity: Wifi N; 3G; Bluetooth.
- Adobe flash works flawlessly.
- Mega stereo speakers.
- Mat antireflective finish.
- Very long baterry life. Up to 16 hours with PixelQi model.
- Eden's tablet designed UI.
- 1 GB of RAM for a good multi tasking experience.
Here are some cons:
- 8 GB of internal storage.
- 3G wireless only.
Note that they are a start up based in India. They are shipping in every country, but you won't have the same support as a big names.