How did this get into the feed at all!
Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!
1. Deep Storyline, focusing on story first action second, that's what made the original trilogy good
2. Don't throw away the content the fans are screaming for...ok some of the expanded universe is just silliness, but there is some good stuff...AKA Timothy Zhan books...keep most the concepts from there...Mara Jade, Leia and Han's kids...
3. Attribute 1,2,3 and to unclear memories and retcon some of that crap!
4. Don't make new characters poor clones of previous characters
5. for the love of god make sure the villains aren't Vader/Emperor retreads...and PLEASE don't find some half asses way to resurrect the them!
1. I understand the need to trim the general aging of the characters. Using an endless succession of the kids to age them over the timespan of the book wouldn't have worked. However since the kids were now a fixed age it rushed the storyline.
2. Giving away the fact he was fighting the real battles was just stupid
3. Having a single ship carry the little doctor (which was now not so little)...was a total waste of a plot device
4. They should have spent more time on the training of Dragon Army...establish Ender's creds as a leader
5. Changing the ending sending Ender off alone was an error, I don't know if they intend sequels, but it really messes with the continuity
6. Bean was TOO big! and they spent no time on his relationship with Ender
7. The move had the soul of Ender's Game, but not the heart
8. The kid's ethnicities are all screwed up, plain and simple
9. Card wrote versions of the movie over the years perhaps one of his revisions should have had more influence
Just gear up and go to Mars, better yet concentrate and figuring out how to build the Fastest damn spaceship possible, something that can reach
Its fine for the maker to host the main servers and all, but really the door should be open for users to do thier own hosting.
...not backwards compatible with even current gen applications for Windows. The built in version of office isn't really fully baked yet by Microsoft's own admission. Not really properly supported for enterprise use yet. Surface Pro which will suck too, but at least have some measure of backward compatiblity and enterprise support will launch soon.
I can't for the life of me understand why its struggling.
Microsoft blew this one hard.
My only comment, Spent the money on the Roomba and the Scooba within 18 months both were completely dead.
The Roomba lost its mind and no amount of fiddling could get it back.
The Scooba was replaced 3 times due to a design flaw that iRobot refused to admit to, but is well documented on the web.
....I can't even get one! I've been in the Queue since before initial release and still have yet to receieve mine, and even got an email two weeks ago about further delays!
Still a really great accomplishement though.
Don't get me wrong I love my SSD drives, but that tech needs to to start finding some way to move forward at a faster and a better $/GB..I guess its $/TB now
Yes actually it is one of the tenents of a socialistic society.
"For every four Americans working a 50-hour week, every week, there's one American who should have a full-time job, but doesn't."
Unfortunately this isn't reality. Its not just the FTE and the Salary for said person, but the benefits package, bonuses, physical space, equipment (blue or white collar), and a host of various other things of the sort that an employeer has to take on the books. Add it all up and its often cheaper for the employeer to expect 4 people to work overtime. Please don't come back with the "well if the other four accept a little less benefits, etc...to allow for the fifth" arguement. Personally not interested in socialism.
Thats might qactually be interesting to see....I could buy him as the Doctor.
The biggest problem, is if they screw with the known rules of the Dr Who universe, and what happens with the TV series in all of this?
This was the man that should have taken the reigns of Microsoft by now. Instead he has left the company. He was a worthy successor to Gates in drive and vision.
The last book is "The Winds of Winter" if I remember correctly. Also it ain't done yet...he indicated yesterday its close, BUT it ain;t done yet...however he and the publisher have announced a street date based on the fact its ALMOST done.
Government for the corporations, by the corporations. We might as well change the constitution....
"We the Corporations of the United States of America, in order to best subjugate, and bleed the masses...."