Slashdot is powered by your submissions, so send in your scoop


Forgot your password?

Slashdot videos: Now with more Slashdot!

  • View

  • Discuss

  • Share

We've improved Slashdot's video section; now you can view our video interviews, product close-ups and site visits with all the usual Slashdot options to comment, share, etc. No more walled garden! It's a work in progress -- we hope you'll check it out (Learn more about the recent updates).


Comment: Re:patented keyboard technology? (Score 3, Informative) 205

by Sponge Bath (#46618025) Attached to: Typo Keyboard For iPhone Faces Sales Ban
Your link is for an Apple suit over a design patent. Rounded corners was only a part of that design patent. Anyone can use rounded corners and not violate the design patent. They can't copy the entirety of the design patent. Hence the conclusion that Apple suing over the stand alone concept of rounded corners is a myth.

Comment: Re:A myth indeed. (Score 1) 392

by Sponge Bath (#46543921) Attached to: The Myth of the Science and Engineering Shortage

Social security is 6.2%, and 1.45% for medicare, making it combined 7.65%

That is the part that shows up on a paystub, then the employer pays the same again making the total 15.3%. Those who are self employed get to pay the full amount themselves. I always thought it was tricky to hide half of payroll taxes in that way. It's always better to have the real numbers in people's face.

Comment: Why is libm.a empty? (Score 2, Funny) 134

by Sponge Bath (#46534125) Attached to: GNU C Library Alternative Musl Libc Hits 1.0 Milestone

From the FAQ:

On musl, the entire standard library is included in a single library file — libc.a for static linking, and for dynamic linking. This significantly improves the efficiency of dynamic linking, and avoids all sorts of symbol interposition bugs that arise when you split the libraries up — bugs which have plagued glibc for more than a decade.

Bringing it all together? That's why they call it the love musl.

An inclined plane is a slope up. -- Willard Espy, "An Almanac of Words at Play"