bait someone into hiring a hit man to kill their wife
While I agree that safeguarding national secrets is not entrapment, your example is. If you are really good at convincing and the person you are stalking is of low intellect/poor mental health -- you will always find some poor shlobs to agree to that -- a crime they would otherwise never commit. That IS entrapment.
there would be a serious web monetization problem
We had the same problem before web for millenia. We did fine. 99% of low grade websites that would dissapear due to lack of ad sales should not have existed in the first place. Anything of value will find means to stay afloat.
The whole point is to serve ads
Do not want. Neither television nor web becoming like television.
unless you are willing to pay for content directly.
Find a way to monetise it, post it free, or charge for it. No awesome works of art will be lost if some "content" posters quit to do something useful instead.
- No annoying pop-ups that normally plague Windows.
- No trojans and self-installing crap to speak of
- Adblock? (or his stricter brother Noscript)
- I still grant admin access because there are some cases where a simple command needs to be run
- Remote SSH admin access can be routed through any unblocked port