there would be a serious web monetization problem
We had the same problem before web for millenia. We did fine. 99% of low grade websites that would dissapear due to lack of ad sales should not have existed in the first place. Anything of value will find means to stay afloat.
The whole point is to serve ads
Do not want. Neither television nor web becoming like television.
unless you are willing to pay for content directly.
Find a way to monetise it, post it free, or charge for it. No awesome works of art will be lost if some "content" posters quit to do something useful instead.
- No annoying pop-ups that normally plague Windows.
- No trojans and self-installing crap to speak of
- Adblock? (or his stricter brother Noscript)
- I still grant admin access because there are some cases where a simple command needs to be run
- Remote SSH admin access can be routed through any unblocked port
...and I still find time to assemble my hardware, so there.
I have to manually adjust indentation because the editor can't figure it out
Try using a Python editor? I don't want to start the next "emacs vs vi" round, but seriously...
...and my editor will correct the formatting. For python, I would also have to manually...
Just like a C editor "corrects the formatting" for C, a Python editor "corrects the formatting" for Python.