Does that mean that in two million years we'll be using the younger races as pawns and telepathically programming them to view us as their gods?
Either that or we'll be busy convincing them all to go attack each other so they can evolve.
Absolutely. I want to be able to walk into a store, buy some random piece of hardware and be absolutely sure that it will work under Linux. I don't care how many people use Linux, I just want to make my own personal choice to use it easier.
The question is, what market share is required to achieve this? I'm betting it's fairly low, I mean, even at 1% we are starting to see some traction. Boxes with Linux pre-installed are available from major manufacturers (albeit in a limited and hidden manner), more and more hardware makers are starting to produce drivers or release specs so the community can (I'm looking at ATI here).
If we are getting all this at 1%, then surely full-support can't need a huge amount more, I'd guess at 10% we should be good. How long it will take to get there is another question.
or some sort of Death Clock.
Serenity? Really? It is a space station, not a ship. It should obviously be called Babylon.
We should reinstate the draft and send these people to some foreign country to get blown up. Or at the very least, basic training.
Yes because it is much better when the annoying people are trained killers. Military training doesn't necessarily stop you being an inconsiderate twat.
They aren't afraid it will blow up, they are afraid that its very presence will contaminate everything for hundreds of miles.
It's the planet Trenco where the Thionite grows! Now we just need to find Arisia and we are set.
If they are treating their own VOIP differently than other traffic then it isn't "protocol agnostic" at all.
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.