The is slashdot. Science has no place in speculation!
WE get a pretty UI... Yay!
Because those damn show stopper bugs in Calc are not important. nobody really wants to have an accurate spreadsheet over pretty icons and UI redesign!
Replaceable battery? Why? this is not 1998 where batteries only last a year or two. I haven't replaced a laptop battery in 4 years. and it STILL holds 95% capacity.
Dammit, Why do all laptop makers think that nobody does real work on their laptops. 17" 4K display in as small of a body as possible.
GIVE IT TO ME!!!!
99% of the ATM's around here dont stand alone. they are in a small concrete building that has air vents. the other 1% are the little fake ATM's at liquor stores and shady party stores that nobody sane would insert their card into.
so no, I wont be seeing it around here.
Not mine, when I get up the prox card reader sees that I am not near the workstation and instantly locks, it will not even offer an unlock until I am within proximity again.
Really cheap to put in place less than $10K for the whole company. and increases security 80 fold. Problem is most IT departments are not savvy enough to do it nor convince management that it's more important than a new Jaguar for the Director of marketing. Heck my old Dell laptop supported it.
It is. Chrome OS, which is Linux is in wide spread use.
Yeah that doesnt work.
If it's sitting there on what looks like a normal login they will not hit CTL-ALT-DEL they will just type away. Hell it's hard to not get users to open up every single attachment no matter where it comes from or to not click on every pop up window they get.
they have that law in my state when driving a car, it does not stop people from plastering the phone up against their head anyways.
It creates a zone of protection from Tyranny...
Something that you guys have been known to practice. Clean up your act first, then come back and talk about encryption.
And WSPR is only the beginning, there are other modes coming down the pipeline that are almost magical/spooky. pulling useable information out of what seems to be background noise.
Exactly. A franchise fee is simply a legal "doing business kickback"
No it's to avoid people looking like idiots with a tablet against their head.
Problem is it seems that that is the trend lately with idiots having a tablet pressed to their head. Watched a low IQ woman driving down the road with a big ass Fad-let stuck to her head side swipe a pickup truck because she could not see past the stupidly large phone pasted against her head.
And as an owner of a Surface Pro... Microsoft failed at all of those even when they had a proper pen and proper setup.
It's not the OS or the UI available. It's the Applications. 90% of the applications I need on that Surface Pro suck to high hell in a touch environment. They are designed for keyboard+Mouse and that is how they work best. It's so overwhelming that all surface pro users typically always use the device with a keyboard and a mouse.
tablet use requires a dramatic shift in programming style and design. And almost no programmers for large productivity software suites are capable of it.
It is far better for video consumption and document reading. Which is what he was claiming it would be better at.