Typical straw man argument thrown out by sexist SJW
I recently realized (I'm ashamed it took me this long) that this line of thought is self defeating. Social justice demands equality in numbers. The benefit, they tell us, is diversity in thought. That a more diverse workplace results in a better product or service due to the diversity of those that contributed their ideas.
But these are the same people who also tell us that women are exactly like men and that any difference is a false social construct. That being the case, then once [oppressed minority] reaches parity with the awful cishet white male, then won't any benefit from having diversity vanish, assuming if ever actually existed in the first place?
In short, if we're all the same except for superficial traits, diversity based on superficial traits CANNOT create a different environment.
Lets break it all down.
1) The desire to have a diverse workforce is inherently prejudicial. The workers should be judged on their abilities, not their sex, not their race.
2) When women express a desire for more diversity in tech, they are being sexist. Workers should be judged on their abilities, not their sex.
3) When men express a desire not to have women in tech, they are being sexist. Workers should be judged on their abilities, not their sex.
4) When men express that their anger at the push for diversity in tech, they are complaining that they are the victims of sexism.
5) We need wives and mothers. If we don't have them, we will all die of deprivation when we reach retirement age.
6) We don't need computer programmers. Nice to have, but we can totally do without it.
7) When industry leaders express that there is a need for diversity in technology, they are not expressing a desire to be inclusive, rather, they are expressing a desire to coerce women to abandon other roles and serve them, regardless of the larger needs of society. They are acting in the best interests of themselves, and themselves only.
In summation, every person who expresses a desire for more diversity in tech is prejudicial, and a bully. You do not occupy the moral high ground, and you should stop.
Grr...Seung-Hui Cho.. fat fingered that one. Virginia Tech shooting.
Chris Mercer was nonwhite. So was Seung-Hoi Cho. Both were obviously mentally ill; in fact Cho was on antidepressants.
Because there's really no comparison between btrfs and ZFS. ZFS is years ahead in both stability and features. Only someone who's never used both would say that they are in any way close.
The only really useful thing that btrfs does that ZFS does not is rebalancing - that's a great feature and i'd love to see it in ZFS (but it will probably never get there).
ZFS has lots of features that btrfs doesn't have and likely never will.
What do you mean when a white guy does it?
Adam Lanza was white. Most of the mass shooters in my lifetime have been white.
What is unusual is a black man doing it.
We're great at having laws that punish criminal gun use. We're somewhat ok at criminal background checks. We suck at mental illness background checks, and we suck at keeping guns we own away from the mentally ill.
Interesting. While most of the other managers at my company view me (and have commented as such on my peer reviews) as an extremely professional manager. Yet a woman is the ONLY employee who has actually burst into tears in my office.
You know that line about "the customer is always right"?
well, sometimes the customer is just fucking wrong. and a moron.
That's what you get for an engineered demographic collapse.
Sadly, not that good. This database is good third normal form, but it is specifically tuned for multi-level marketing, and I'm not allowed a direct SQL connection to it.
Thanks, I'll look into Web Parts, might make it a good deal easier.
MVC is largely overkill, but I've gotten used to breaking the model with code generated views. After that, going back to codebehind web forms seems hard to debug again- especially using entity framework to access a cloud database that I have zero control over. But at least it's work.
What is going to be fun, this time around, is figuring out where I can plug my widget data into their data model. I may have to abuse some of their tables to do it.
This will probably blow your tiny little black & white, subtlety-incapable mind, but by blocking the ability to remove other people's freedoms wrt the software, the GPL's restrictions are limitations that actually increase overall freedom.
it's like by subtracting one they end up adding a billion and more.
wow, crazy and mind-blowing, huh? it's almost as if the FSF had a goal and knew what they needed to do to achieve it and also knew what kind of loopholes they needed to close to avoid their goal being subverted by selfish arseholes like you.
"We shall reach greater and greater platitudes of achievement." -- Richard J. Daley