A couple more "can'ts" that are the reasons I've got a Blackberry for a work phone when we had the option to get iPhones:
1. No ability to change the New Mail notification sound without jailbreaking.
2. No ability to set up alerting rules for email. If one of my servers goes down at 3 am, I need to be woken up to fix it. If Dell sends me spam, I don't. Yeah, there are apps, but they involved, at least a couple months ago, forwarding your email to an outside server and then having it come back into the app. That won't fly for business.
3. Zero support for importance flags in email. Maybe this is an MS-only, non-RFC thing. I'm not sure. But if business adoption is desired this is a pretty widespread piece of functionality to ignore.
If I'm wrong and there's some buried functionality to do this (without jailbreaking/warranty voiding) that Slashdot will flame me for not finding, great. You'll have made the IT dept of a smallish company very happy.
Target had none.
Kmart had none.
Walmart had none.
Blockbuster had boxes on the "Buy this stuff" shelf. I picked one up, went to the counter, and told the clerk I'd like to buy it. She looked behind the counter for a while, then went to the back. Returning, she placed the empty box back on the "Buy this stuff" shelf and said "Sorry, we don't have any of these."
Lack of immediate gratification seriously made me consider dusting off my pegleg and eyepatch.
Just these days?
This stuff really brings back memories of clearing out TSRs to run games in the early 90's. Tweaking config.sys and autoexec.bat to clear out that last few k of memory so Doom would run.
This is not new. Fewer people care at this point because resources are not as scarce, but companies have been doing this for a very long time.
As I'm not up on my Slashdot measurement schemes at the moment, can you provide a beer-kegs to libraries-of-congress conversion?
If the result could be in furlongs per hogshead, that would be great.
Not immediately following in the lyrics, but apropos none the less re: music - I asked how much you pay for this she said nothin' man it's stolen.
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.