I guess it was for the 13% of people who got the wrong answer. I liked the following quote in the CBC article:
"While 87 per cent knowing that the earth goes around the sun is pretty good, that still leaves 13 per cent of Canadians that haven't absorbed the scientific knowledge of several centuries ago," Ingram said.
It was also a pretty tough question for the Catholic church for quite a long time. And their top guy is supposed to have a direct line to the guy who created the universe.
And then there are also plenty of people who still have problems with the second question, about humans evolving from earlier species.