People don't like the fact that you spoke out against software patents when you had none yet you lobby to kill a bill reforming software-patents now that you have a ton of obvious software-patents. now you are one of the biggest supporters of software-patents.
Using the BSA in a draconian manner. See Ernie Ball.
Calling the hard work of people who write open source software a "cancer"
Corruption of standards committees in order to push a standard that not even you microsoft can honor
Constant lying and spreading FUD and misinformation in the marketplace.
Funding and aranging for additional funding for the SCO attack on Linux
Funding a book spreading lies that Linux was stolen from Minix
There is many many many more reasons.
And now folks you see why Lamar Smith wants to hobble the EPA.
Meanwhile in North Carolina you have 30 year Duke Energy vetran Governor Pat McCrory who has been using the power of the govt in NC to sheild Duke Energy from lawsuits as a result of massive pollution. Spilling things like arsenic, lead, mercury and other things into NC waterways. In every single lawsuit the McCrory administration intervened and shut the lawsuits down. Now you have the lastest massive spill
1) did say in their internal documents that they intend to use software-patents as a way to "add a cost" to open source software especially Linux and anything based on Linux.
2) Microsoft funds, and arranges for funding through Baystar Capital and RBC Canada for SCO's failed legal assault on Linux.
2) Microsoft signs "Linux Patent License" deal with Novell and Xandros. Claiming it's all in the name of "interoperability"
3) Later Microsoft CEO Steve Balmer claims (without proof) that Linux violates 235 Microsoft software-patents.
4) Microsoft begins extracting a "Linux License" tax from device vendors such as Nas Maker Buffalo and some printer manufacurers and other device manufacturers.
5) Android comes on the scene. Microsoft widens their "Linux License" program to include Android. However they still collect on a "Linux License" for servers from Amdocs and Amazon among many others.
Microsoft is basically implementing what they always planned to do. Use trivial and obvious software-patents to destroy FOSS in the marketplace. The patent welfare is just a beneficial side-effect and i'm sure it helped to pad their most recent record earnings.
Why not ban it from Americans too because the US seems to think that every American could be a domestic terrorist -- especially those darned Tea Party and Libertarians.
I'll quote the GP that i was responding to before you decided to interject with your snide comment. You can split hairs about "terrorist watch list" or being labled "terrorists" or whether being designated "terrorists" means you are on a watch list all you want, the fact remains that the GP referred to TP and Libertarians being designated terrorist by the US. I think everything i've posted bolsters my arguement that it was the Occupy movement that was and not the TP and Libertarians