Working on a web site with kompozer, until then figured I'd place things that could help others here.
Like Windows 7's Event Viewer not working anymore, claiming the service isn't running
The trick is to rename
RtBackup will recreate itself and everything will be back to normal.
Windows 7 event viewer (eventvwr.msc) has grown up.
Understand Win7 is a new OS for me installed for BattleField3. BF3 is also what I'm
mostly fixing or tweaking the OS for as well. This is also the first time I've ever used
permissions always installing windows on a FAT 32 format
XP and below you would use the event viewer to get a clue to your problem, with Win7 it
actually helps a lot.
I was using the event viewer to track down my problem of not being able to play BF3 2 or 3 games
in a row without the BF3 screen fading to gray then disappear, of course near the end where I'd
lose everything I'd gained.
Now weirdness enters the very day I took a serious approach at this problem.
I kept track of the times I was in game, it ended, the next started, and time of crashes
so I could track the times later in the Event Viewer.
Down to work I opened the Event Viewer and it won't, it quit working, claiming the service
needed to be running first, the service was indeed running.
The event viewer is dependent upon the Task Scheduler and it the event viewer, and between the two
there was a time I wasn't sure what if any services were working.
I tried a repair install of Win7 and couldn't because of SP1 - rough day I have another version of Win7
and two versions of XP I can boot into as well as the CD drives, I think I used them all to attack
the problem from the outside. Working with permissions (sidestepping them) and trying to get a copy
of Win7 to install. While maintaining everything or no data loss, I'm not one to format and start over.
Next day different approach - I finally found the answer at
The trick is to rename
RtBackup will recreate itself and everything will be back to normal. Simple as that.
I couldn't rename RtBackup. Working with permissions for so long I went into my XP64 OS to
work with it, only to find the directory was "Read Only" sigh...
BTW my cure all ERUNT wouldn't work (permissions) or this post would be much shorter or not at all.
Before I do anything I'll run ERUNT just in case. http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/