And hey, the ability to listen to complete albums as much as I felt like led to the purchases that I've made there. Funny that.
Nah, it's more a case of self-advertising as harder to use and less welcoming than the reality. A binary package is perfectly usable, it just doesn't have the benefits of customization. But those customizations through source code? You can actually manage quite a lot without understanding C. If editing a few string constants or following clear instructions about how to apply patches is too hard
I'm perfectly happy with dwm's lack of desktop icon support. Zero for me too.
So you're saying that Chrome doesn't support connecting through an http proxy? So long as it can connect to Privoxy you can add adblocking to a browser.
Privoxy works just fine for me. I rather prefer having a browser-independent ad blocking solution. It's one less feature to worry about when 'shopping' around for browsers and as someone who uses more than one browser it means only having to manage one filter list, not two or four or whatever.
Or you can stick APT::Get::force-yes "true" into apt.conf. Granted it's a reckless approach, but stupid technicalities are a pedant's wages.
$ sudo aptitude install w3m-img
Or you could install privoxy. I've stopped caring about whether or not a browser has built-in (or plug-in) ad blocking since I'd rather have every browser I use share the same blocker and settings.
Depends on the source. Knowing what I was looking for, I was able to find a listing of the whole conjugation table on wiktionary (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/adamo#Latin) and another site that used the standard 4 forms for listing a latin verb (http://www.latin-dictionary.net/info/word/728.html).
After playing around a bit with your translator, it looks like it translates any first person present latin verb into the english infinitive. So the confusion is coming from a bad translation convention.
Wrong part of the word. It's not the addition of the ad- prefix that people are complaining about. That's rather clearly modifying the meaning in a sensible way. The issue is that with the suffix -o, the verb is in the first person present indicative whereas they're translating it as the infinitive (which would have the -are suffix).
Funny, I use aptitude all the time and yet only ever enter the gui by accident when I completely forget that aptitude has one. It's still a frontend to apt, but it's certainly not exclusively a GUI one.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..." -- Hunter S. Thompson